Friday, September 01, 2006

Heading up to Maine (Please Pray)

Over the past week, I've been re-focusing on teaching, especially these past few days, when I've spent a lot of time in my classroom. Three of my former students showed up to help move furniture-- the same guys who helped me move into my current apartment. I'm glad to be able have an ongoing relationship with them, even though I haven't been their teacher for 2 years. It reminds me that God often uses you to make an eternal impact in someone's life, even if it isn't so apparent immediately.

There's so much to look forward to this year. We're starting up TWR (the junior high youth group) again soon, I've got guitar classes that will also begin in a few weeks, and, of course, there's the new students I'm going to meet. I'm excited and a little anxious at the same time.

More immediately, I'm about to head up to Maine for a weekend retreat with the VAC young adults. I've been invited to speak. I've got my outlines for the talks, but I'll need the car-ride to solidify everything. Please PRAY for me! I've never spoken at retreat before. Pray that God would use me to deliver his Word and that the Holy Spirit would convict and change hearts. I very much need and covet your prayer support this weekend. Thanks!

No comments: