Sunday, November 16, 2008

Big Week Summary

Woohoo! Reading week is over and classes are about to resume; but it has been a big week. Tuesday was my silent retreat day at Notre Dame Spirituality Center in Ipswich; Wednesday was the prison visit and sermon; Friday I preached twice; and Saturday our youth group worship team had its long awaited practice.

It has encouraging week. As I look forward to the time when more and more of my weeks may look like this past one, my faith is being expanded to see how God can accomplish more through me than I reasonably try to imagine. Not that sermons and meetings are the goal of ministry-- life change is; but if those are the means by which God works out transformations, then it's encouraging to see that I can at least keep up with the work load.

The second message on Friday night, by the way, found its way home into somebody-- the teens are a good, welcoming group to teach to.

I wish I had pictures to show you, but I wasn't allowed to bring a camera to the prison... imagine an inmate three times my size death-grip-handshaking me while another guy lifts me up via wedgie. (just kidding... they were very very very warm and brotherly)

No comments: