Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Moving into Office

I finished my spring semester at Gordon-Conwell two weeks ago. By far, it has been the smoothest end of semester I've had. In the past, I would have multiple nights of all-night paper-writing. This year, I only stayed up half of the night!

In any case, I've moved out of GCTS and have set up back closer to Boston. During the summers when I direct Project Destiny, I have a summer office on the third floor of my church. There are pictures of our English pastor and his children staring down at me from above, since it is his old office; but it's nice to have space for books, studying, doing work, and having meetings. 

I've fully picked up the PD director hat now, with full work hours each day. The camp staff is fully assembled: we met together two weeks ago for orientation. The planning team is plugging away at licensing, enrolling campers, and designing the staff training. Our intern (how did we ever do without one?) has been here every day booking field trips and preparing documents. Counselors are calling, e-mailing, and meeting with me to design their Labs. It's an exciting time in the life-cycle of our camp, like spring-time before summer. Things aren't fully bloomed yet, but they're budding and full of color.

Amidst all this, I need to remember that although so much work flows around me, I am not in control. Our God is; and if we do not pray, we lose that perspective. I've moved into my office for the season, but what we really want is for the Holy Spirit to move into his. 

1 comment:

Daniel K. Eng said...

awesome! looking forward to more updates.