Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Questions they Ask

Where did Jesus show up in my conversations this week?

Barney: God sure made some interesting creatures, didn’t he, Mr. Liu?

Alan: You’re a Christian, Mr. Liu?

Janine: Do you believe in Jesus, Mr. Liu?

Mick: Is Jesus real, Mr. Liu?

Darren: I don’t believe in God, Mr. Liu


I love working in the city. From what I've seen, urban kids are a lot more open to talking about God than suburban kids. Maybe it has something to do with parents who have higher education levels being more resistant to 'conservative' viewpoints, but here in the city, I get to answer questions about Jesus (very tactfully) at least a few times per week.

1 comment:

Mystery said...

I'm sorry about the vandalism. My parents' store recently got vandalized. Your post about vandalism made me think of that randomly.

Anyhow, on a brighter note, it's really awesome that your kids are asking questions that even adults are hard-pressed to avoid.