Saturday, February 10, 2007

Teacher Union Ad

I spoke a bit to my boss today about the role of civic-disobedience for a Christian educator. Our conversation didn't go very far, but it was clear to me that he believes we're in a very gray area. Are all laws to be regarded the same way? This law forbidding public workers from striking-- is it one that must be violated from time to time, like Jesus' treatment of the Sabbath laws? (I'm not sure I understand that very well.) He also mentioned that he believes the mayor is counting on the strike to "force" him to give into some demands. Since my boss is close to the mayor, this is very interesting to me.



Enjoy this advertisement about the only issue that actually interests me in this whole collective bargaining dispute.

1 comment:

SteveB said...

Hey my friend. I wish I could advise you, but I wouldn't know what to do in your place either. But I will be praying for you and for the situation.