Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Need Prayer-- "Charting"

Please pray for me as I set time to plan the "Charting" talk for this Thursday. "Charting" is the spiritual development component of Project Destiny-- a morning chapel time for our campers. It consists of well-produced dramas that illustrate Biblical narrative sections and short sermons that draw out the Gospel from these narratives.

I will be preaching from the life of Moses this year and it is the greatest source of uncertainty for me. I'm afraid that I won't be relevant, or that I'll make the Bible boring, or that I'll be unclear. I'm sort of comparing my work against previous years' work as well, though I know I shouldn't. Please pray that God would use these talks to reveal himself to our campers.

Please also pray that I will have time to plan the talk for this week. I've kept running into things here and there that prevent me from working on the sermon. They are important staff-team related things, but I need find a chunk of uninterrupted time to study and prepare.

Thanks!

No comments: