Friday, June 20, 2008

Moving Out and Camping Tonight

I moved out of my apartment in Chinatown last week... I was grateful that I was able to move everything I owned except furniture in one round. But I'm still there, for at least the next five days. How do I feel about moving out? It doesn't really register yet, since this week has been a whirlwind and will continue to be so up until PD starts. On one level, I know I can always come back here and crash on the couch, but the familiar space of my room is no longer in existence. All the pictures, books, and other possessions are gone. I guess I had already mentally prepared myself to not be here over the past few months. As I reflected on my last laundry load, which had been sitting in the dryer for a long time, I realized I had not sat down in my apartment for more than 2 hours at a time since last month, aside from sleeping. So, there are things I will miss-- like the kids in the courtyard who have been asking me if I'm really moving away and what seminary is for. But I don't think that leaving will hit me until Project Destiny ends this summer.

On another note, I'm going camping tonight with 20 middle schoolers and a handful of adults as an end-of-the-year event for TWR, our youth group. Weather might be bad, but pray for relationships to be strengthened and for the Gospel to hit home as I give a devotional in the morning.

No comments: