Sunday, July 09, 2006

Project Destiny Update 2: First Week

The first week of Project Destiny concluded with a fun field trip to Georges Island this past Friday. Over the first four days of camp, our students bonded together with their mentoring groups through group games, field trips, and discussion times. We've been presenting the gospel in the mornings through the story of Joseph in Genesis (you can ask me how that works some time) via skits and sermons. Our teaching counselors have been training their students in Street Art, Chinese Dulcimer, Guitar, Movie Making, Sports Competency, and more. The students seem to be having a great time and are warming up to their counselors.

Personally, it has been a blessing to be able to talk and relate with campers on a different level than I can as a public school teacher. Even teaching guitar is different because my students really want to learn how to play. They are a nice group of kids. Here is a picture from one of our field trips-- a phot-scavenger hunt in Chinatown. Ignore the gang hand-signs, please.


Please pray for grace, patience, and physical energy for the team. I know I've gotten little sleep while keeping up a very busy day-- and the rest of the staff has a similar schedule. I'm almost completely funded-- I'm down by about 100 dollars, which I am confident the Lord will provide. Thank you for being involved in the work here. I'll have some more detailed stories to tell soon.

No comments: