Sunday, July 23, 2006

Project Destiny Update 4: Good Weather

The third week of PD has just passed. This week, we were facing the prospect of cancelling yet another two field trips. We had already cancelled two previously-- once due to heavy rain and once due to heat. I remember thinking to myself, it's a good thing our classes and regular programming this year is so much fun, because otherwise, it would be difficult to swallow the loss of 4 field trips. Still, the Lord allowed us to avoid a major tropical storm, and so we had our trips to a berry farm and to a lobstering excursion.

This here is a picture of a visit to a museum we took. Our mentoring groups have been bonding together through field trips like this one, and through their discussion times in the mornings and afternons. They have been discussing what they're learning from the morning chapel times and one student, this week, asked how she could accept Christ!

This week, I got to share about three scripture passages for morning team devotionals. The first was on Colossians-- the supremacy of Christ, the second was on Martha and Mary-- following Christ with joy by listening to him, and the third was on Jesus calming the storm-- the place of peace in Christian's life. I look forward to these chances to share the Word and relate it to our team. Ever since starting to teach at VAC, it is an area of ministry that I've been hoping to grow in. I've got a few opportunities possibly coming up in the fall-- teaching to the junior high youth group. I really enjoying preparing the talks, but the actual delivery is the hardest part.


The team took a retreat yesterday. We read some devotional materials and spent the day resting and doing a little bit of reflection. It was a much needed time for our team. I know I am recharged and ready to go for the next two weeks. Here's a picture of our team staring at a computer one day after camp one day. I don't know what they're all so engrossed by.

1 comment:

Daniel K. Eng said...

where can I get a pair of glowing sneakers like Derek Lee's??